Make your weekend dinner plans extra special with this comfort dish! Serve it up with New Orleans French Bread and get cozy 'round the table.
Follow along online or get your free printable PDF recipe here!
What You Will Need:
1 pound dried linguine noodles
4 chicken breasts, 6 oz each, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 oz oil (soybean, grapeseed, any neutral oil will do)
2 oz butter
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
2 ea green onion, sliced thin
½ cup white wine
½ cup dry sherry
1 cup cream
1.25 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3 oz grated Parmesan (optional)
Note: *Ingredients for all recipes included in bulk. Please thoroughly follow
recipes and measure accordingly*
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, to cook the pasta.
2. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Heat oil in hot skillet and sauté chicken without crowding the pan. Sear on all sides, then remove chicken from the pan.
3. Reduce heat to medium, then add 1/3 of the butter and mushrooms. Brown mushrooms on both sides, then add 1/3 of the butter, garlic, shallot, and green onion. Cook 2 minutes.
3. Add white wine and reduce by half. Add sherry, and reduce by half.
4. Add cream, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, seared chicken, and the remaining 1/3 of butter. Bring to a simmer and cook 8-10 minutes, until chicken is just cooked through and cream has reduced slightly. Remove from heat.
5. Boil pasta until al dente, strain, and add to the chicken cream sauce. Bring to a quick boil, mix well, and serve.
Check out weekend brunch to-go from our sister restaurant, Nola Brunch and Beignets!
New Orleans French Bread
1. Set oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place your French bread in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
3. Once you take it out, let sit to cool.
4. Cut and serve.
Check out our sister restaurant, Bud's Southern Rotisserie, for additional recipes, and ways to order pantry + grocery items!