Rice, spice, chicken, and sausage to make it nice! We're going back to basics with this dish. Warm your kitchen up with southern comfort food, and a touch of freshness with our Green Goddess Salad. Join Chef Sypesteyn at 3pm on 4.10.2020 to follow this recipe step by step.
Chicken Sausage Jambalaya
What You Will Need:
2 oz Butter
4 oz smoked ham, chopped
1 cup onion, small dice
1/2 cup green onion, sliced thin, green and white parts separated
½ cup green bell pepper, small dice
½ cup celery, small dice
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 oz tomato paste
2 cups canned tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
2 bay leaf
1 Tablespoon CH Spice Mix
2 oz Worcestershire sauce
2 cups converted rice (any long grain rice is acceptable)
2 cup chicken stock
1 lb Andouille Sausage, sliced thick
1 lb Chicken Thighs, 1 inch cubes
Heat oven to 350.
2. In a 4 quart heavy pot, add butter and chopped ham, cooking for several minutes. Add onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, until caramelized. Add green onion (white parts only, reserve green parts for later), bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Saute 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato paste and stir frequently to toast tomato paste slightly. Add tomatoes and their liquid, salt, bay leaf, CH Spice, and Worcestershire. Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add rice, stock, chicken, and sausage. Mix to combine. Bring to a boil, cover and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Gently stir, and continue cooking 15 more minutes or until rice and chicken are cooked through. Remove from oven, add green onions, and gently fluff the rice.
Green Goddess Salad
What You Will Need:
4 oz. Herbed Croutons
4oz Salad Mix
4 oz Green Goddess Dressing
1. Thinly slice Radish.
2. Toss greens in Green Goddess Dressing and place in a large bowl.
3. Garnish with radish slices and croutons.
Voilà! Tag #cookhouseathome to show off your skills!
Check out our sister restaurant Bud's Southern Rotisserie. Order our signature marinated chicken or our savory Mac N' Cheese!